Saturday, December 15, 2007

I am home.

Its a Saturday night in the middle of the Christmas season, and I am sitting at home. Not that relaxing at home isnt nice, I guess I just figured that break would be a little more exciting. I had a garage sale this morning, and made some money. Dan and I went Christmas shopping. We found out that the coffee place is NOT called Chubby's (like it is known and loved), but in fact called Cuppy's (which we found innocently awkward). Dan told me about a classic Christmas movie, Santa's slay (Imagine Santa gone horribly, horribly wrong). And, I think that most of all, I miss Biola and Taryn's crazy faces and Johnny's dancing and David's constant questions and Angi always thinking that the mess is her fault and sitting in the office with Claudia and leading worship in chapel. But I know that this break will be a good one.

Side note and real reason for this entry, I have been feeling pretty stressed and anxious about who knows what. I really dont like it too much (can you imagine?) So I came across these passages which I really enjoyed:

"Hear my prayer O Lord,
And let my cry come to You.
Do not hide Your face from me
in the day that I call,
answer me speedily.
For my days are consumed like smoke,
And my bones are burned like a hearth.
My heart is stricken and withered like grass,
So that I forget to eat my bread."
Psalm 102:1-4

"Unless the Lord had been my help,
My soul would soon have settled in silence.
If I say, 'My foot slips,'
Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up.
In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul."
Psalm 94:16-19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stressed an anxious? this baby has been god to me in times like that:

"the fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever"
Isaiah 32:17

Seek God and peace comes because he moves through us when we do that! hoo hoo hoo hooray!!!

Taryn Faye said...

You get to see my crazy faces in two days.
And we'll get Johnny to dance.
And I'm sure David will ask all of his questions without any prompting from us.
I lovessss you.

Also, the word i have to type into the word verification thing below the comment entry box is "bslad".
That is an awesome word.
BSLAD!

Angi Welsch said...

...the mess IS always my fault. silly.

and i miss you too! it's weird not sleeping in the same room as you every night!