Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas is coming.

So, today is the 9th of December (as already stated above); 16 days away from Christmas. I would have to agree with a good friend of mine when just yesterday he said, "This has been the best Christmas ever." It all began with a long night of pictures, hot cocoa and friends, was then followed by the Christmas tree lighting at Disneyland (where I renewed my pass!) and more festivities are added to the list daily. This evening, I was able to go home and when I opened the door I was greeted by the sweet smell of peppermint and evergreen. It made me even more excited about going home this Friday. Brandon, Dan, and Frankie went to go look at Christmas lights tonight, and honestly, I am pretty jealous of them. Anyways, I tell you all of this because I wish this was all that I had to care or think about. I want to be able to soak up the Christmas season for all its worth: hot cocoa every night, seeing Christmas light, visiting the snow, singing Christmas carols, sitting by a fire reading a good book with my kitty sitting close by, and what the heck, maybe even writing a song or two. Tomorrow begins finals week and I am really dreading it. But, it will soon be over and then I can enjoy the lights, cocoa and holly!

Oh and watch The Christmas Story over and over again.

1 comment:

GeorgiaDes said...

you just covered Christmas in a single bound. Oh and we'll go and look at the lights again so you'll have your chance.