Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My reading today.

Today I started reading in 1 Timothy and here are a few things that stuck out to me:

"that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." (1:15)
Amen to that

"that the law is not made for a righteous person" (1:9)
The law judges the sins of the unbeliever. I am saved by grace, meaning I am free of the law.

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." (1:12)
This one was the biggy. After I read this verse I realized more than ever that God has put me in the exact position I am because He knew that I was capable. He counts me faithful and knows that, with his help, I can do work for Him. I want to allow Him to use me properly for His plan.

That is just a quick overview.


1 comment:

Frankie Franco III said...

I really liked that last anecdote. Quite encouraging.