Tuesday, February 12, 2008

trust.

So Canon Tallis (or just Taryn and I) have completed 2 1/2 song and we are pretty excited about it. We have spent the past few days ironing them out and we actually really like what we've got.
To branch off of that thought, I realized that the 1 1/2 songs that I started have practically the same theme: trusting God. I am guessing that it is because my life is so crazy right now that resting and trusting in God is all that I can think about.
Why is it so easy to get caught up in the things that really dont matter? Why cant it just be easy to say "Hey God, here is everything that I have. I know you will work it out." Oh yeah let me answer that one for you: We try to do things on our own. We all have our own little cases of OCD. We want everything to be perfect and find it hard to trust God in the end to make it that way. The more I write the more I realize how ridiculous I sound. Maybe I am alone in this, but all I know is that God really is perfect and really does have the perfect plan for my life. I see it unfolding already before my eyes. Now all I need to do is keep trusting (daily) and be still, which strangely, is one of the hardest things I will ever do.

3 comments:

BrandoAbba said...

AMEN to that sista!

Taryn Faye said...

Word.

Ana said...

you are definately not alone. YOU can ask Mitch or anyone else that knows me...I FREAK out over everything and it really sucks because I try really hard to not let stuff get to me. YET, it always does. And I can go in depth, maybe even write a book about experiences where I have taken control of a situation the size of a grapefruit and tried to punch its face into a hole the size of a pin, and it just doesnt work. That was a horrible metaphor but I am not in anyway caring if you think Im an idiot because I am. To sum up, I know exactly---EXACTLY how you feel. We should talk. : )