Saturday, January 5, 2008

Jazz and the 2007 Holiday.

#1. Isn't that one beautiful peice of artwork. When I say artwork, i mean the sky. God is pretty good at what he does.

#2. I am currently finishing Blue Lake Jazz by Don Miller and these are a few of his thoughts that I found especially enlightening:

"A friend of mine, a young pastor who recently started a church, talks to me from time to time about the new face of the church in America - the postmodern church. He says the new church will be different from the old one, that we will be revelant to human culture and human struggle. I dont think any church has ever been relevant to culture, to the human struggle, unless it believed in Jesus and the power of His gospel. If the supposed new church believes in trendy music and cool web pages, then it is not relevant to culture either. It is just another tool of Satan to get people to be passionate about nothing."

"I think there are artists at a lot of churches who dont have an outlet, and by creating an outlet, the church gives artists a chance to express themselves and in return the church gets free stuff to put on their walls. Creating an arts group at a church is a great idea"
( I saw this as going into all common interests of gifts. Churches need ministries that allow their members to use their gifts and practice their gifts together)
"If loving other people is a bit of heaven then certainly isolation is a bit of hell, and to that degree, here on earth, we decide in which state we would like to live."

(Spouse to spouse) "I will love you like God, because of God, mighted by the power o f God. I will stop expecting your love, demanding your love, trading for your love, gaming for you love. I will simply love. I am giving myself to you, and tomorrow I will do it again. I suppose the clock will wear thin its time before I am ended at this altar of dying and dying again."

It is a great book and I would recommend it to anyone.
#3. This past holiday was wonderful. I am now living back at Biola (which is ver exciting) but I will always cherish the few weeks I was at home. Here are some pictures from the past few weeks. I love my friends. They are pretty funny.

1 comment:

Ana said...

ur camera is amazing. good blogging. keep it up-urs is the funnest to read I have to admit. : )